Daniel J. Duffy started the company Datasim in 1987
The goal of this 4-day hands-on course is to discuss new developments in C++ 11 and how C++ 11 is a major improvement on C++ 98. We also discuss the applications of C++ 11 to multi-paradigm software design. We realise this goal by elaborating the new features in detail and providing examples of use.
C++ 11 is a major advancement in the evolution of C++ and this course covers the features in the latest revision.
The percentage theory/practice is approximately 70% / 30%.
- C++ 11 as a better C++
- Improved syntax
- Move semantics
- Smart memory management
- Modelling functions, new style
- Functional programming and lambda functions
- Hashing and unordered containers
- Concurrency and multi-threading
- Other C++ 11 libraries
What do you learn?
We discuss the most important C++ features to help the developer create robust and flexible software, for example by means of:
- Applying the extensive language features in C++ 11 to your applications
- Creating flexible multi-paradigm applications
- Reduce reinvention of the wheel by using C++ libraries
- Fast data structures (unordered containers)
- Tips and guidelines for migrating to next generation design patterns and component-based design
Your Trainer Daniel J. Duffy has been involved with C++ in the role of programmer, designer and trainer since 1989. He has been involved in a wide range of applications such as computer graphics, holography, process control, numerical analysis and computational finance. Activities also entail setting up C++ and Boost C++ courses from novice to expert level. He is author of ten books on software design, C++ and applications. Daniel J. Duffy has a PhD from Dublin University (Trinity College).
This intensive and advanced course assumes real-life experience of C++ in a production environment. This is certainly not a beginner’s course.
Who should attend?
Experienced software developers and programmers who wish to learn the new powerful features in C++ and apply them to their work. This course is also useful for technical designers and architects.
Click here for course contents.
|Date||Dates on request|